Position Closes: Open Until Filled
Salary: Begins at $32,496
Under general supervision performs FOG (Fats, Oils, Grease) inspections and conduct compliance monitoring on all FSE’s (Food Service Establishments) as required by the Regional Sanitary Sewer Consent Order. Administers Backflow Prevention Program and serves as Town Safety Officer. Assists the Public Works department and accreditation coordinator as needed.
- Conducts compliance monitoring and Food Service Establishment (FSE) inspections. Determines compliance with the FOG ordinance through on-site inspections and prepares inspection reports. Checks grease control device maintenance records. Conducts outreach and educational activities with users. Provide compliance assistance as appropriate.
- Identify instances of non-compliance, prepares and issues Notices of Non-Compliance. Prepares Notices of Violations (NOV) for issuance by the Department of Public Works.
- Acts as the Town Safety Officer ensuring compliance with applicable OSHA regulations and ensures training and inspections are completed as needed to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local safety laws and regulations.
- Conducts a wide range of training on safety related topics for town staff to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations. This includes, but is not limited to annual emergency management exercises development, planning, and implementation.
- Has the responsibility for the safety committee and serves as Champion of said committee.
- Participates in show cause meetings as deemed necessary by the Town Manager and/or Town Attorney.
- Administration of Backflow Prevention Program. Performs inspections as outlined in Town’s Backflow Prevention Program.
- Assist Risk Management Coordinator in all risk management activities as needed.
- Serves as back-up for the Public Works work order system.
- Serves as back-up for Public Works administration needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years or related work experience
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must possess working knowledge of OSHA regulation and Emergency Management practices.
- Must possess a customer service focused attitude.
- Must possess knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Tasks involve regular or sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling that generally involves lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
Tasks may risk exposure to traffic hazards, adverse weather conditions, dust, pollen, odors and loud noise.